Last week we made it to the Saint Louis Zoo for some family time. The kids, hubs and I love going to the zoo. It’s a great place to go that doesn’t break the bank. Also, the zoo is very educational as well. Here are my quick tips for making a family trip educational:
1. I had my 4 year old name the animals and the colors of the animals.
2. Our 9 year old read the descriptions of the animals to us to help educate us on the various species.
3. We had a running tab on which animals were endangered.
4. We counted the number of animals in each section.
5. We did a little acting and describe what each animal was thinking. (This was hilarious!)
6. Each person took a turn reading and interpreting the map.
This family event was funny, educational and entertaining!