Are You Kidding Me Monday
Each week I will list 7 or more things that I hear, see or just ponder about that make me say, “Are you kidding me?!”. Please feel free to comment about things you see or hear and I may add them to next week’s seven things.
December 12th, 2011
- I told my almost two year old son that it was time for bed and he pointed his finger at me and said, “No I am not!” Are you kidding me?!
- My seven year old daughter saw Santa Claus this weekend and told him that all she wanted for Christmas was a REAL dog and to become a wizard! Are you kidding me?!
- Couples that fight via text message and they are sitting in the same room. Alone! Are you kidding me?!
- I only have a little over a hundred days until my wedding and I still don’t have a lot of things planned. I won’t mention what they are because it will cause further anxiety.
- I heard someone say that they were upset that they couldn’t get their nails and hair done every week…..I guess I should have that rant too…. Are you kidding me?!
- My to-do list doubled in 2 seconds. Are you kidding me?!
- I have not been wearing a coat recently but I wear a scarf daily! I know this is a dis on myself but if I saw me out I would say…..Are you kidding me?!
Times have truly changed. Did I just tell my daughter, Symone that I was friends with Santa CLaus on Twitter and I was going to tweet him about her behavior? Yes, I did. I will admit it. I shocked myself with my words. I laughed silently to myself as I drove away from her school where this statement occurred. The worst part was that my daughter looked at me puzzled. I guess the statement is true that we are all a product of our environment and I love social media. But for my children, they don’t want to get a direct message on twitter or a wall post from Santa. They love when they receive a letter from Santa and when they get the gifts on Christmas morning. As times change I know things will be different but I will cherish the moments while Twitter and Facebook don’t matter to a kid.