I went to a new primary care physician (pcp) and I must say
that I was quite embarrassed. It was my first time seeing a pcp in about four
years. I see the obgyn, the dermatologist and the breast specialist regularly
but no pcp doctor. The biggest thing that I learned from the embarrassing
appointment was that I need to stay “checked up”. How can I empower my clients
to stay healthy if I don’t. Same thing goes for Ty and the kids. The doctor
today had to order so many tests because I had not seen the doctor in so long.
I am hoping that everything is ok with. So here are my tips about check-ups:
- Know your current medications and the
dosages. Either write them down or bring
them along with you.
- Know the name and location of your other
physicians in case the doctor wants to obtain your medical records.
- Arrive 15 minutes early for paperwork.
- Know the year of when you were diagnosed with
- Know your family history.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions because this is