Many wives and moms carry the expectation and the demand of having all the answers for out mates, children, employees, co-workers, relatives, friends, and much more. If you all are anything like me, you are always on the go and spend a great time in the car. Because the senders of the phone calls and text messages are unaware that you are driving they don’t stop when you do not answer. So what do you do? We all have the want and the need to drive safe for the sake of ourselves, passengers and road mates. We also want to handle our wife, mommy, and job duties efficiently and in a timely manner.
Here are the solutions that I have come up with for driving safe and handling your business.
- Do not answer the phone until you are parked somewhere. (I know easier said than done.)
- Put your phone on silent mode so that you are unaware that you are missing a phone call or text.
- Pullover and address the phone calls and text messages. Make sure that you are not on the highway and of course maintaining all traffic laws when doing this.
- Put your phone out of reach while driving to help with the temptation of answering the phone.
- Get into the habit of letting family, friends and co-workers know that you no longer talk on the phone or text while driving so that they are not alarmed when you don’t answer, cal back or respond right away.
- Arrive to destinations early so that you can call or text back the people you missed while driving.
- Use Bluetooth or other hands free devices to talk on the phone while driving. (Don’t do this if you do not have the will power to not text driving.)
- Stop carrying a phone. (YEAH RIGHT)
- Have a passenger answer the phone or text back. (Use this with extreme caution)
- Turn your phone off while driving. Just don’t forget to turn it back on.
That’s all the solutions I can give on this topic. What are your suggestions for wives and moms who want to driving safe while handling other priorities?