My fiancé and I don’t double date much because we have children, we work demanding jobs and we really only have one night a week to be together with no work involved and we really don’t want to spend it with another couple.
When we do double date however we have a great time. Some of the things that I have seen during past double dates prompted me to write this post. So here are the dos and don’ts of double dating.
Let’s start with the don’ts first.
1. Don’t talk about yourself the entire time.
2. Don’t ask a bunch of questions of the other couple like a firing squad.
3. Don’t talk about other couples that are in your inner circle. It’s tacky.
4. Don’t spend the whole time complaining. No one wants to listen to someone talking about how bad work is, how mean your family is or how crazy your kids are.
5. Don’t share any news that you haven’t shared with your significant other during a double date. You don’t know how they will respond about your news.
Now on to the Dos.
1. Do arrive on time.
2. Do make sure both couples are in agreement of the type of date you all are going to have.
3. Do have interesting conversation with your dating couple.
4. Do think about the other couples obligations outside 0of this date. If they have children remember that they have to get home at a reasonable time.
5. Do offer to pay for the other couple if you are the ones that set the double date up.
So there you have it. You got 5 don’ts and 5 dos. Remember these tips on your next double date. Happy Dating!